Thursday, October 22, 2009

Old Fashioned Buttermilk Brownies

These are the richest, chocolatiest brownies you'll ever eat. Seriously. Even I can only eat one in a sitting.

¾ Cup Butter
4 oz unsweetened chocolate
2 cups granulated white sugar
3 eggs
1 T. vanilla
½ cup buttermilk
1 ½ c. flour
2 T flour
1 ½ c. Semisweet chocolate chips
2 T powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Combine butter and chocolate in large, microwaveable bowl. Melt on high for 1 minute intervals, stirring in between. D on t let sizzle. Add sugar

Add eggs one at a time, stir in vanilla and buttermilk. Add 1 ½ c. flour.

Toss chocolate chips in 2 T flour and add to brownie mixture.

Bake in greased 9X114 pan, 28-33 minutes. Let cool 30 min. Dust with powdered sugar.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh! Lisa, I've been wanting this recipe for like two years! You brought them to our house once and I have been dreaming about them ever since. As soon as I am no longer repulsed by the idea of chocolate (which better be very soon or Christmas is going to suck!) I am going to make these brownies. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm...these were the most intense brownies ever! If I didn't love midnight mass, I would still be on my couch eating brownie dough. I mean, really, sugar buzz.

    It is amazing served with fat-free frozen yogurt. The lighter yogurt is a great complement to the heavy brownie!

    ReplyDelete